A concrete pump is a tool used for transferring freshly mixed liquid concrete to the location on a construction site where it is needed. The pump works by one piston drawing liquid concrete into a cylinder from a hopper while the other one simultaneously pushes its concrete out into the discharge pipes. The Concrete Pump is particularly important in construction of large high rise buildings etc. Previously cranes has been used to lift large buckets full of concrete up to where it was needed. A crane can lift one bucket at a time.
Advantages Of Concrete pump
- It has much larger volume of concrete placed per hour compare to crane.
- Lower Labour Costs in pump concrete.
- It setup quickly compare to crane etc.
- You can use a pump anywhere
- It takes fewer workers to pour in place.
- It is easier to pour smaller amounts in multiple locations as some job sites may require.
- It may be designed as per the quantity of concrete needed to be poured.
- The pump can be used for concreting at various sites, thus reduces the rental cost of machinery.
Disadvantages Of Concrete pump
- The overall price will be more expensive than other pumps.
- The budget for the construction private house is much lower than a commercial building, hence best suited for commercial buildings.
Images Of Concrete pump
Types Of Concrete Pump
When we hire a concrete pump for a project or any site,there are different types of pump which is suitable as per your project and your requirement. Every Concrete Pump has different stroke.
- Small and versatile, trailer mounted concrete pump.
- Medium to Very large concrete pump with boom that can reach over 200 feet.