Cube Test To Determine Concrete Strength.
It is the process by which a batch of concrete has been test for its strength and durability. Cube test is one of the vital test which is performed to determine the strength of concrete which has been already used in the construction. It should be test by someone who is familiar with the process of pouring and tempering concrete. The testing has been perform in laboratory.
Images Of Concrete Cube Test
- Cube mould (150x150x150 mm)
- Tamping rod
- Steel Float/Trowel
Freshly prepared concrete which is to be tested.
- Clean the standard cube moulds,tight all nut-bolts properly.
- Apply oil to all surface of the mould.
- Normally size of mould is 150mm x 150mm x 150mm.
- Take the samples of concrete from the mix in a ghamela.
- Pour the concrete in the cubes in 3 layers.
- Compact each layer with not less than 35 strokes per layer using a tamping rod.
- Level the top surface by thapi or trowel after compaction of the last layer.
- Cover the mould immediately to prevent loss of water.
- After 24 hours, remove the specimen from the mould.
- Take care to avoid breaking of the edges while removing.
- Mention the code on cubes with marker or paint.
- Coding should be self explanatory, showing the site name and the date of casting.
- Test 3 specimens for 7 days & 3 specimens for 28 days curing.