Concrete Slump Test The Workability Of Concrete.
Concrete Slump Test The Workability Of Concrete. The slump test is a means of assessing the consistency of fresh concrete. It has been conducted before concrete to be used for casting. The purpose is to check the workability of fresh concrete.
Images of Slump Test
1.Metal mould, in the shape of the frustum of a cone, open at both ends, and provided with the handle.
- Bottom diameter 200 mm.
- Top diameter 100 mm.
- Height 300 mm.
2. A long bullet-nosed metal rod [600 mm Height].
3. Ruler for measurement.
- Fine Aggregates
- Course Aggregates
- Clean the internal surface of the mould.
- Fill the mould with concrete in 4 layers.
- Each layer tamped with 25 strokes of the steel rod.
- The Strokes should be uniformly distribute over the entire cross section of mould.
- Rod should be tamped underlying layer.
- Clean the excess concrete and level the surface properly with trowel.
- Clean the base plate.
- Remove the mould in vertical direction after that the concrete will slump or slide.
- Measure the height of slump as difference between the height of mould with the help of measuring scale as shown in Figure.
- After Completing all process clean the slump cone.
Slump Test Results